My Guide Website?
From Reykjavík: Waterfalls, Black Beach & Glacier Day Trip332 Reviews
Discover the rugged beauty of Iceland on this day of adventure departing from Reykjavík. Visit the amazing waterfalls, enjoy an optional glacier hike, and walk on the Black Beach of Reynisfjara.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the beautiful south coast of Iceland on guided day trip from Reykjavík
- Admire the cascades of the towering waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss
- Take in the scenic views of the imposing Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano
- Watch the waves roll in on the fascinating black sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Choose to include an unforgettable glacier hike on the Solheimajokull glacier
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the beauty of Iceland’s unique natural landscape on a guided tour from Reykjavík, discovering the island’s south coast. Admire picturesque waterfalls, the Black Beach of Reynisfjara, and the glacier volcano of Eyjafjallajökull, with an optional hike on the Solheimajokul glacier. Start with pickup from your hotel in Reykjavík. Meander your way along the coast onboard the minibus, admiring the scenic views. Visit the 2 great waterfalls of the south coast, Seljalandsfoss, and Skógafoss, taking some time to gaze up at the powerful cascades. Make your way to the smaller, but no less impressive, waterfalls of Glufrabui. Stop by the serene Irafoss waterfall, which is often missed by many travelers. Continue the adventure as you drive beneath the gaze of the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano and the Mýrdalsjökull glacier cap. If you’ve selected the option with the glacier hike (available on selected dates between April and October) you will embark on a guided trek across the Solheimajokull glacier. Hear the crunch of ice crystals beneath your feet and enjoy a rare opportunity to experience a glacier up close. Continue to Reynisfjara, also known as the Black Beach, and see the waves crash upon the pitch-black sands and hexagonal basalt columns. After taking some time on the beach, hop back onboard the bus and relax on the journey back to the capital, with drop-off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by minibus Optional guided glacier hike (available on selected dates) Wi-Fi onboard Guide
- Hiking shoes are available to rent The glacier hike (when this option is selected) is subject to favorable weather conditions. If it is cancelled you will be offered an alternative activity or a partial refund Food is not included, but there will be a stop where you can purchase lunch