Reykjavik: 2-Hour Northern Lights by Boat with Backup Plan15 Reviews
Chase the northern lights by boat, just 15 minutes from Reykjavik's Old Harbor. If the lights aren't visible because of clouds, you'll get a bonus experience instead.
- Sail into Faxaflói Bay to search for the northern lights
- Admire the aurora borealis from an ideal spot on the water
- Take in a private tour at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition in cases of poor weather
DescriptionSail from Reykjavík's Old Harbor for a fantastic and unique experience chasing the famous northern lights. Your expert guide will explain the scientific facts about this amazing natural phenomenon, share stories and myths about the lights and answer all your questions. Please note that it's never guaranteed the lights will show up during the tour. Here's the bonus: In the event that the tour must be postponed because of cloud cover, you won't be let down. Another activity awaits you. You'll head to the Whales of Iceland Exhibition in Grandi, just minutes away from the harbor, where a guide will greet you for a tour of the exhibit. You'll see full-sized whale models and try out fun and interactive technology. After touring the exhibit, including a fascinating 25 minute video, you'll end the night with a drink on the house and a complimentary ticket to try the Northern Lights Boat Tour again at the next available date. Please note that this tour is non-refundable, as an adventure is guaranteed regardless of weather conditions.
IncludesOn board: Guided tour, warm overalls (children's sizes available), Wi-Fi, café and northern lights video Whales of Iceland Exhibition: Exhibit entry and complimentary drink Meals and drinks
- Please note that once you join the boat tour your ticket has been fully utilized and cannot be used to enter the Whales of Iceland Exhibition
- If the lights are not seen on your tour you will be given a complimentary ticket to try again on the next available boat tour
- If the boat tour is canceled due to weather you will join a private tour at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition
- It is recommended to wear warm clothing and comfortable shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY