My Guide Website?
Reykjavík City Card332 Reviews
Receive free entry to a great selection of museums and galleries, all swimming pools in Reykjavík, and free unlimited travel by bus within Reykjavik city center.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Reykjavík: Volcanoes and Blue Lagoon Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- From Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full Day Tour
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- From Reykjavik: South of Iceland Full-Day Trip
- Make the most of your time in Reykjavik with an easy to use city card
- Enjoy free entrance to all the city's museums along with 7 geothermal pools
- Travel from attraction to attraction for free with unlimited access to the buses
- Experience the vibrant cultural scene and the stunning natural landscape
DescriptionExplore the world’s northernmost capital at your own pace with a Reykjavik City Card, and discover dozens of things to see and do. Experience the bustling energy of a cosmopolitan city, the thundering thermal energy of the ground beneath your feet and the serene atmosphere of the surrounding landscape. From the avant-garde to the historical, Reykjavík’s galleries, museums and theaters support a vibrant and sophisticated artistic scene, along with annual festivals, special exhibitions and stage productions that keep the cultural calendar full year round. Benefit from free entry to a great selection of museums and galleries, access to all the geothermal swimming pools in the city and free, unlimited travel by bus within the capital area. In addition, the card includes a free ferry ride to Viðey island, along with discounts for services, tours and shops. Admission to museums is free of charge for those under 18 years of age, but there are fees for children aged 6 and older on city buses. There are also entrance fees for children (aged 6 and over) at the thermal pools and at the Animal Zoo and Family Park. Senior visitors (aged 70 and over) do not pay admission to the thermal pools. In addition, the National Museum, Culture House and National Gallery of Iceland offer seniors (aged 67 and over) a 50% discount on admission.
IncludesReykjavík City Thermal Pools admission Reykjavík Zoo and Family Park admission Reykjavik City Buses access Reykjavík City Museum – Árbær Open Air Museum admission Reykjavík City Museum – Maritime Museum admission Reykjavík City Museum – Museum of Photography admission Reykjavík City Museum – The Settlement Exhibition admission Reykjavík City Museum – Ferry to Videy Island The Reykjavík Art Museum – Ásmundarsafn admission The Reykjavík Art Museum – Hafnarhús admission The Reykjavík Art Museum – Kjarvalsstaðir admission The Culture House admission admission National Gallery of Iceland admission National Museum of Iceland admission Sigurjón Ólafsson Museum admission Ásgrímur Jónsson Collection admission
- It is mandatory to swap the digital voucher for the Reykjavik City Card in a museum to get the card and start using it.
- Admission is free for those under 18 in museums. In the city busses, the swimming pools, and the family park and zoo, admission for children is charged on location.
- Please note that the National Gallery and National Museum have different opening times in the summer and winter. Both museums are closed on Mondays in the winter and have shorter opening hours for the remaining days during the week.
- Museum admission is free for everyone a few times a year (e.g.: Culture Night around mid-August and Museum Night during the Winter Lights Festival). Museums might have a free admission day when celebrating a special occasion, but this does not happen often
- Most geothermal pools have different opening hours for summer and winter