My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Landmannalaugar Super-Jeep Tour58 Reviews
Explore the stunning geological curiosities of Landmannalaugar on this all-terrain jeep tour from Reykjavikl. Discover the colorful rhyolite mountains and the lush valley of Thjórsárdalur.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience the 'pearl of the highlands'
- Explore a wonderful area with stunning geological curiosities
- Discover the iconic Landmannalaugar rhyolite mountains
DescriptionUncover the natural beauty of Iceland on this jeep tour from Reykjavikl. See stunning waterfalls like Hjálparfoss and Haifoss. Admire lakes like Hnausapollur, Frostastadavatn, and Ljótipollur. View the Landmannalaugar lava fields and swim in a hot spring. Begin your adventure with morning pickup from your Reykjavik hotel. Climb into your fully-equipped super jeep, specifically designed to navigate the rugged terrain of Iceland's wilderness. Travel to Thjórsárdalur, a green valley dotted with rivers, waterfalls, lava fields, and birch woods. Explore the two-tiered Hjálparfoss Waterfall, and hike down a to see the plunge pool, which is framed by lava structures and basalt formations. Drive to the deep blue crater lake called Hnausapollur, which makes for surreal photos. Continue to Frostastadavatn, another lake with lava flows that plunge directly into the water. Head to Landmannalaugar to see the black lava flows running through the multicolored cryolite mountains. Take the walking path to the Brennisteinsfjöll volcano. Enjoy the vibrant colors of its dark lava fields, yellow sulfide, and green lichens. Take a relaxing dip in the thermal pool at the foot of the Laugahraun lava field. Make your way to the last stops at Haifoss, Iceland's third-highest waterfall, and Lake Ljótipollur, which is surrounded by dark-red crater walls. Return to your hotel in Reykjavik.
IncludesComplimentary pickup and drop off Round-trip transportation Professional guidance Free WiFi and hot drinks on board
- The weather changes quickly in Iceland, so don't be caught unaware (it is always better to bring a sweater or dress in layers which you can remove if you are too warm)
- Bring sturdy shoes for walking/hiking, warm clothing, and outerwear suited to rainy or chilly weather
- Children's car seats are available upon request
- This tour is free of charge for infants under the age of 1
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions (if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund)
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place