My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Silver Circle, Canyon Baths, and Waterfalls Tour116 Reviews
Explore the home of the Icelandic sagas on a Silver Circle day tour. Through the wild landscapes of West Iceland visit magical waterfalls, spectacular canyon baths, see powerful hot springs, and much more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full-Day Tour with Kerid Crater
- Iceland: Landmannalaugar Guided Hiking Experience
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Full-Day Guided Trip
- Soak in the rejuvenating Husafell Canyon Baths
- Visit beautiful waterfalls such as Hraunfossar, Langifoss, and Barnafoss
- See untamed landscapes and sites that help bring Viking history to life
- Travel along rugged mountain passages for beautiful sights at 2 different canyons
DescriptionStart in Reykjavik and head to Borgarnes, the gateway to West Iceland. Make your first stop at Deildartunguhver, the most powerful hot spring in Europe, which is so strong that it provides hot water and power for the locals for miles around. Spend some time walking amongst the steaming clouds of vapor. Move onto Hraunfossar, also known as the 'Lava Waterfalls.' Take in the sight from several viewing platforms and see how the water stretches for nearly a kilometer over ancient lava fields, with meltwater from the Langjokull glacier pouring into the Hvita river. Just a few yards away is Barnafoss, also known as “the waterfall of the children,” named after the tragic tale of two local children. Your next stop is Husafell, a breathtaking woodland oasis and a historical site with traditional turf houses and even some “elf huts” to delight the children, too. See intriguing works by local artists, as well as the famous “Lifting Stone of Husafell.” From Husafell, be transported in 4x4 cars further inland to the Deildargil Canyon, where you’ll see Langifoss, a towering two-tiered waterfall off the beaten path and which few people know of. Continue to the highlight of the tour, the Canyon Baths, for a traditional Icelandic hot spring experience at a sustainable, remote location found deep in the magnificent Hringsgil canyon. Bathe in 3 geothermally-heated stone pools of varying temperatures (30-41°C or 86-105°F), along with a cold-water pool and a cooling waterfall. Feel relaxed in the peaceful atmosphere, thanks to the limited capacity of 20 visitors at a time. Imagine what it was like for the early settlers to bathe in the same way. Make your final stop at Reykholt, which used to be the medieval home of Snorri Sturluson, a famous Icelandic historian and chieftain. Visit Snorralaug (Snorri’s Pool), another traditional natural hot spring, where locals have bathed since the 12th century. From there, return to the capital city, after a day of wonder and exploration in the wilds of West Iceland.
IncludesPick up and drop off within Reykjavik Professional English tour guided in a minibus Free Wi-Fi and USB chargers on every bus seat Entry to Canyon Baths 4x4 ride to 2 canyons
- • The Canyon Baths are situated in a protected natural environment, which means no soaps can be used in the showers, but guests are welcome to use the facilities at Husafell for free.
- The tour operates in all weathers.