My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Whale Watching Tour1760 Reviews
Set off on a fantastic whale watching boat to spot some of the Atlantic Ocean's most magnificent mammals. You’ll be on the lookout for minke whales, dolphins, porpoises and more. If you don’t see a whale, you’ll get to go on another trip for free!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sail from Reykjavik on Iceland’s largest whale-watching ship
- Rest assured, if there are no whales you get another ticket for free
- Stay warm and cozy with overalls supplied by the crew
- Relax at the café or browse the souvenir shop
DescriptionSet sail from Reykjavik’s old harbor in style on the Andrea, the largest whale-watching ship in Iceland. Spot minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises, humpback whales, and occasionally orcas with the help of an experienced guide. Enjoy a whale-watching experience with a special educational focus, and ask your guide any questions you have. Learn about the whales and other sea life from your guide's knowledge, an app available in 5 languages, and the microscope, baleens, and whale teeth on board. Move around the Andrea's spacious public viewing areas, and admire the fantastic 360-degree views of the environment from the deck. Stay warm with included overalls and heated indoor seating. In the summer, you can also join an express tour on a faster express whale watching boat. If you get cold or hungry, there’s also an onboard café serving a range of refreshments, as well as a souvenir shop. And should you fail to see any of the spectacular creatures from the deep, you'll receive a complimentary ticket to sail again.
IncludesWhale watching trip Experienced guide Warm overalls (includes children's sizes) WiFi and heated indoor seating Ticket for a second trip if you see no whales App available in 5 languages
- Please consider that the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the Summer months (from April until September)
- The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Spacious and comfortable inside areas are available with larger windows for better viewing
- Please note that sightings of wildlife can not be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
- Please note that the tour is dependent on correct weather conditions. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please be aware that the conditions may be rougher than expected when sailing out to sea. Please take the necessary precautions to prepare yourself if you are susceptible to seasickness