My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Whales of Iceland Museum Entrance Ticket74 Reviews
Marvel at life-size models of 23 types of whales, get a new perspective on these majestic creatures, watch documentaries, and explore many interactive exhibits in one truly unique museum.
- See life-size models of 23 types of whales spotted in the waters around Iceland
- Play with interactive displays in the museum to absorb in-depth information
- Enjoy our audio guide and learn about the aquatic mammals and their habitat
- Watch the powerful documentary Sonic Sea and know more about marine life
- Visit the Fin Whale Theatre to learn the conservation issues and their solutions
DescriptionVisit the largest museum of its kind in Europe at the Whales of Iceland, and see life-size models of 23 types of whales spotted in the waters around Iceland. Spend a few hours gaining a new perspective and greater appreciation for these majestic animals. Take a leisurely 20-minute walk (or a short drive) from the heart of Reykjavík to the harbor. Upon arrival at the Whales of Iceland museum, play with interactive displays and read detailed information about 23 species of aquatic mammals. Marvel at the leviathan of the sea at a display of a blue whale that stretches nearly the length of a basketball court. Learn more about the narwhal, the “Unicorn of the Sea” and see the “horn” or “tusk” that is actually an elongated tooth. Stroll among the displays of beluga, humpback, minke, and killer whales. Absorb in-depth information about the marine mammals around Iceland with an audio guide. Visit the Fin Whale Room to learn more about the threats that whales face and what we can do to resolve them. Be sure to watch a screening of the film Sonic Sea, shown daily at 10:30 AM, 12:15 PM, 2:00 PM, and 3:45 PM. All ticket holders are welcome to join the daily guided tours in English at 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. On your way out, stop by the Whale Cafe for a drink and a snack beneath the whales.
IncludesEntry to the Whales of Iceland museum Audio guide available in 12+ languages Wi-Fi Free parking
- Drinks and refreshments can be purchased at our Whale Cafe