My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Extended Golden Circle Tour by Super Jeep1 Reviews
See the most iconic historical and natural attractions of Iceland, including the National Park, waterfalls, and geothermal features. Relax at the end of the tour in a natural hot spring bath.
- Learn about nature and history at Thingvellir National Park
- See the powerful waterfall of Gullfoss
- Visit the Secret Lagoon and take a relaxing bath in a natural thermal pool
DescriptionExplore Iceland’s iconic natural wonders and more on an extended 12-hour Golden Circle tour. Leaving Reykjavik, travel by 4x4 Super Jeep to see the top Golden Circle sights as your guide recounts their history and formation. Explore Thingvellir National Park, visit the Geysir geothermal field, and see the awesome Gullfoss waterfall. On route, leave the main tourist trail to visit the Kerid crater and Hvalfjördur, with its epic coastal fjords. Finally, enjoy an optional swim in the enchanting, naturally heated Secret Lagoon. Numbers are limited to six people for a small-group experience. After pickup from your Reykjavik hotel, journey into rural Iceland by comfortable 4x4. As you travel past lava-strewn fields and rugged mountains, listen as your guide shares tales of Iceland’s geology and ancient history. Stop at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004. Learn how its lunar-like terrain has been formed over thousands of years, and note the contrast between the green vegetation and rich, black earth. See where the world’s first parliament met in 930 AD, and pause at Lake Thingvallavatn, Iceland’s biggest natural lake, set on the park’s southern edges. Continue to Geysir, a geothermal area of bubbling mud pools and steam vents. Wander around the pools and watch the Strokkur geyser erupt. This powerful geyser shoots hot water up to 98 feet (30 meters) into the air every five to 10 minutes. Visit the Gullfoss waterfall, whose name means Golden Falls, a reference to the shimmering rainbows that can sometimes form above the waters as they plunge into a canyon. Admire the magnificent waterfall, and depending on the weather, walk down to get close to the cascades. Travel on to see the Kerid Crater, a lake-filled crater famous for its red moss and walls. Climb to the rim and take in the rich hues that contrast beautifully with the turquoise lake waters. Take a drive around the Hvalfjördur Fjord (whale fjord), named after the whales seen here by original settlers. Drink in the beauty and rock formations of the fjordlands, whose inlets are headed by waterfalls, as you learn about their geology. Lastly, stop at the Secret Lagoon, one of Iceland’s oldest natural geothermal pools. Enjoy an optional bathe in the warm waters, swimming through the rising steam as you gaze over the surrounding hot springs and hills. Your tour concludes with a hotel drop-off.
IncludesComplimentary pickup and drop-off Round trip transportation Professional guide Entrance fee for the Secret Lagoon Free Wi-fi and hot drinks onboard
- The weather changes quickly in Iceland, it is always better to bring a sweater or dress in layers which you can remove if you are too warm
- Bring sturdy shoes for walking/hiking, warm clothing and outerwear suited to rainy or chilly weather
- Children's car seat is available upon request
- Free of charge for children under the age of 1
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions, if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place