My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Lava Cave, Hot Springs, and Waterfalls Tour54 Reviews
Explore the western side of Iceland by first visiting the Hraunfossar waterfalls and Deildartunguhver. Then discover the inside of the stunning Viðgelmir Lava Cave.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk through the Viðgelmir Lava Cave
- Encounter the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls
- Visit the Reykholt historic site
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your accommodation, you will travel west to the historic area of Borgarfjörður, a region that can be regarded as the setting for most of the Icelandic sagas. First, visit the charming Glanni Waterfall and Deildartunguhver Geothermal Area. Afterward, you will see the great Hraunfossar, a series of waterfalls spread at a distance of around 900 meters. The waters flow out of the Hallmundarhraun, a lava field that was formed around 1,000 years ago during a massive eruption of a volcano lying under a Langjökull glacier. Rivulets streaming from the lava field create one of the most breath-taking views in Iceland, and just a few meters away, you will find another interesting waterfall. The highlight of the tour is a visit to a colorful Vidgelmir lava cave. Just shy of 1,600 meters in length, the cave features amazing colors and lava formations that lurk in the depths of the earth. The area surrounding the entrance to the cave will allow you to realize just how powerful eruptions of volcanoes can be. Lastly, visit the Reykholt historic site where you can learn about the history of Iceland and see Snorralaug, small hot spring used by local people since the 12th century. This place was first mentioned in medieval writings OF Snorri Sturluson, the famous Icelandic poet, and politician who used to bathe there.
IncludesAdmission fee to the Viðgelmir Lava Cave Pick-up and drop off within Reykjavik Free WiFi onboard the bus English-speaking guide
- This tour takes up to 10 hours
- Admission fee to the Viðgelmir Lava Cave is included in the ticket price
- You will get free Wi-Fi on the bus
- Meals are not included, please bring cash as there will be a stop for lunch and a coffee break in the afternoon
- Pick-up takes place between 8:30AM–9:00AM, so please be ready at your pick up location from 8:30AM
- The maximum number of passengers on the tour will be 19, allowing for a more personal and enjoyable experience