My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Silfra Fissure Snorkeling Half-Day Trip539 Reviews
Snorkel between large volcanic canyons and discover the crystal clear waters that flow between the North American and Eurasian continents.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Snorkel in one of the world's top-10 dive sites, at the Silfra Lava Fissure
- Swim over the divide between the American and European continental plates
- Enjoy underwater visibility in the crystal-clear waters of Thingvellir Lake
- Drink in the history, culture, and geology of one of Iceland‘s most sacred sites
- Take advantage of included transfers from Reykjavik or make your own way there
DescriptionUndergo a unique underwater experience by snorkeling in the Silfra fissure on a half-day tour from Reykjavik. Frequently rated as one of the world's top 10 dive sites, Silfra offers up to 100 m (300 ft) of underwater visibility. Admire views of Iceland's stunning landscape as you ride from Reykjavik to the heart of Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. Snorkel in this location for 45 min with your guide, before returning to the warmth of the tour van and heading back to Reykjavik. The cold waters melt off a glacier 50 km (30 miles) away and make their way through lava fields to beautiful Thingvellir Lake. Although the chilly waters are too cold to support much in the way of marine life, Iceland's Silfra crack runs down between the American and European continental plates and offers amazing underwater views.
IncludesPickup and drop-off (If option selected) PADI certified Dive guide/Divemaster Snorkeling gear Silfra admission fee
- Please read this snorkeling handbook before booking this tour https://adventures.is/media/230104/arctic-adventures-snorkeling-silfra-guide.pdf Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim Snorkeling in the Silfra fissure involves a moderate level of exercise Remember to bring: warm undergarments, preferably fleece/wool, no cotton, warm woolen socks, and a change of clothes