My Guide Website?
From Reykjavík: Sólheimajökull Glacier Hike87 Reviews
Learn how to walk on ice on a hike of the Sólheimajökull glacier tongue. Get stunning views of the glaciers and waterfalls of Iceland from a unique perspective.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike across the glacier tongue of Sólheimajökull
- Benefit from the services of a certified glacier guide
- See the stunning waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up at your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavík, and then journey to the Sólheimajökull glacier near the southenmost village of Vik. Upon arrival, meet your certified glacier guide and get a safety briefing to help your walk on the ice. Put on the provided glacier gear and venture out into the wilderness. Experience the unique sensation of walking on a glacier tongue using crampons and an ice axe. Return to Reykjavík via the waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss and take souvenir photos of the amazing cascades.
IncludesPick-up and drop off Guided hike on the Sólheimajökull glacier Certified glacier guide Specialized glacier gear, including crampons and ice axe Free WiFi on board
- The minimum age to take part is 8 years old.
- In order to attach crampons to the hiking shoes, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU.