Iceland: Lava Caving Small Group Adventure88 Reviews
Explore the hidden world of Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel, just 30 minutes outside Reykjavik. Discover the spectacular subterranean world of an Icelandic lava tube and marvel at the results of volcanic activity as you walk through the tunnel.
- Explore the subterranean world of a typical Icelandic lava tube
- Crawl and walk through the curious rock formations
- Enjoy a scenic drive to the cave
- Discover recent volcanic activity in the lava caves
DescriptionExplore the fascinating world beneath the lava fields on this 3-hour caving tour. Located near Reykjavik, it’s a perfect example of an Icelandic lava tube, providing a truly unique experience as you explore the dark and mysterious underworld. During your adventure you will see curious rock formations left behind by the last volcanic eruption. In winter the cave is often filled with glistening icicles of all shapes and sizes, a sight not soon forgotten. After you have been equipped with all necessary caving gear, you will crawl beneath the surface of the earth to explore the fairytale passages and crevasses of the cave. With guaranteed departures from Reykjavik every day of the year, put on a pair of good shoes and gloves, and bring a sense of adventure for this unorthodox trip. It helps if you are not afraid of the dark!
IncludesPickup from Reykjavik with Wi-Fi onboard (if option selected) Caving and caving gear Certified guide Food and drinks
- It is recommended that you bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves, good hiking shoes and lunch
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Available extras for a small fee: Hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and waterproof pants
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability