My Guide Website?
Reykjavík: Multi-Sensory Art Installation Chromo Sapiens6 Reviews
Experience the multi-sensory art installation Chromo Sapiens. Immerse yourself in irresistible colors, textures, and sound as you journey through three colorful caves where you are the destination.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full-Day Tour with Kerid Crater
- Iceland: Landmannalaugar Guided Hiking Experience
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Full-Day Guided Trip
- Lose your sense of time and space
- Immerse yourself in color, texture and sound
- Enter as homo sapiens, exit as Chromo Sapiens
DescriptionChromo Sapiens is a multi-sensory, large-scale installation by Icelandic artist Shoplifter / Hrafnhildur Arnardóttir that debuted at the Icelandic Pavilion for the Venice Biennale in 2019, to worldwide critical acclaim. The installation consists of three caves made from Shoplifter’s signature material, synthetic hair extensions. The installation surrounds the viewer's horizon with soundscapes from the Icelandic band HAM in each cave. Entering the installation as homo sapiens, you are invited to explore your inner landscape through the stimulation of the senses, where you are the destination of the journey, and when exiting you have transformed into Chromo Sapiens. Chromo Sapiens is located at Höfuðstöðin in Reykjavík, Iceland. Höfuðstöðin also features a gift shop, café & bar with outdoor seating, and event space. Höfuðstöðin opened in 2022 in restored army barracks that were used as bomb shelters during the Second World War. Later they were moved to their current location and used as potato nurseries for decades.
IncludesEntry ticket to Chromo Sapiens art installation Coffee or soft drink
- Open every day No time slots needed, walk ins accepted