Reykjavik: Northern Lights Small Group Minibus Tour4 Reviews
For many, the possibility of seeing the northern lights is the reason for a visit to Iceland during the winter. The season, with its pure and crisp air, offers some of the best conditions for seeing stars and frequent sightings of the aurora borealis.
- See the stunning Icelandic landscapes
- Go hunting for the Northern Lights
- Take the opportunity to witness this natural phenomenon
DescriptionThis 3-hour tour is perfect for those traveling in Iceland in the winter months and who want to see this celestial display. You will be picked up in Reykjavík in a cozy minibus to go hunting the spectacular Northern Lights. Where you go depends on the weather, as you need both darkness and a clear sky to witness this rare natural phenomenon. Your expert guide will drive you away from the city lights and into the darkened countryside to a secluded location in the unspoiled Icelandic nature. The minibus can reach places that the bigger buses cannot, making your experience both intimate and unique. You will travel past mountains and fields and get an incredible nighttime view of the country as your driver looks for signs of the Auroras. When they find the perfect spot, you can exit the minibus to see the grandeur of the lights with your naked eye. The Northern Lights are only visible in the northernmost countries and only during winter. You need to dress warmly as you will be standing in the middle of the Icelandic countryside in the dead of winter to see the dancing lights. This wonderful light effect, known as the Aurora Borealis, is caused by particles from solar winds disturbing the Earth’s magnetosphere. The lights usually appear green but can be pink, red, or white depending on their strength and the atmospheric conditions.
IncludesPick up from your accommodation in Reykjavik or the closest bus stop (http://www.busstop.is) Transportation in a minibus 3-hour Northern Lights tour English-speaking guide Audio guide Free Wi-Fi and browsing Warm clothes, shoes, gloves, or hat Tripod Refreshments
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum age of 5 years old
- Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and seeing them is not guaranteed
- The supplier does not offer refunds to customers who have joined the tour
- The tour may be canceled up to one hour before the departure time due to bad weather so please check your email for updates
- The tour may be canceled if the minimum number of passengers is not met and if this occurs you will be offered a similar tour or an alternative date
- You must be at your pick up location on time
- Please dress in warm windproof clothing
- Please note, if your tour is rebooked to December 24, 25, 26, 31, or January 1because of bad weather or cancellation, an additional holiday pricing cost will be charged.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability