My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: Small-Group Horse Riding Tour with Pickup30 Reviews
Enjoy a calm morning horseback ride on friendly Icelandic horses. Explore Hólsmheiði forest and a stunning red lava rock formation only 15 minutes from Reykjavik. Relax with tea or coffee after.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Ride in small groups and enjoy a personal and warm service
- Bond with friendly and well-trained Icelandic horses
- Explore a magnificent volcanic landscape and a variety of riding trails
- Relax after the ride with a cup of hot tea or coffee in the home of your hosts
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Rekjavik and travel to a small family-owned farm outside the city. Get acquainted with your horse, suited to your previous riding experience. After a short riding lesson and safety briefing, head out on a ride over the hills surrounding Reykjavik. Enjoy beautiful views over the volcanic mountains, lakes, and the city. Make your way through the Hólsmheiði forest and arrive at a stunning red lava rock field called Rauðhólar. Make several stops along the way to take photos and enjoy the scenery. During the journey, you will get to ride Tölt, the super comfortable 4th gait of the Icelandic horse, and learn how Icelanders have traveled across their country for centuries. Be returned to Rekjavik in the early afternoon to enjoy the rest of your day.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off within the Reykjavik-area Riding helmets and rain clothes Riding lesson Hot beverages
- This tour is suitable for beginners and riders with little experience
- This tour will take place rain or shine