My Guide Website?
From Reykjavik: South Coast and Katla Ice Cave Day Trip2 Reviews
Discover Iceland and visit its South Coast and the Katla Ice Cave. Be in awe of the country's striking waterfalls, charming old fishing villages, and dramatic coastline. Explore a centuries-old ice cave and walk along a black sand beach on this day trip.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the 800-year-old Katla Ice Cave
- See the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Walk along Reynisfjara's black sand beach
DescriptionDepart from Reykjavik in the morning and head to the Katla Ice Cave, also known as the Secret Ice Cave. See black, white, and blue ice that is over 800 years old. Marvel at the tall walls of ice that have been sculpted by glacial water throughout the centuries. Hear as the water drips and feel the cold and fresh air. Visit the beautiful Seljalandsfoss waterfall and then onward to the mighty Skógafoss waterfall. Afterward, walk and drive on black sand beaches pounded by the Atlantic surf and see the bird cliffs that surround the quaint coastal village of Vík. On the way back to Reykjavik, drive past the greenhouse town of Hveragerði, a place named after the abundant geothermal activity in the area which allows locals to grow all kinds of plants.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off National park fees Jeeps equipped with leather seats, Wi-Fi and GPS
- This tour takes place rain or shin
- Please wear comfortable and appropriate clothing. Waterproof clothing, walking shoes, and wearing layers is recommended
- In order to operate this activity requires a minimum of two passengers