Golden Circle & Northern Lights Winter Small Group Tour4 Reviews
Visit the magical sights of the famous Golden Circle, Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir and Thingvellir National Park before heading out on a hunt for the dancing Northern Lights.
- See Gullfoss waterfall
- Smell Geysir hot spring area
- Visit the Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO site
- Hunt for the Northern Lights, as part of a night to remember
DescriptionYour winter adventure combo tour starts with an afternoon pick up at 1:00 PM from authorized Reykjavik pick up points. From Reykjavik, you will head towards the Golden Circle, the historical and geological site of Thingvellir National Park. Thingvellir is a UNESCO World Heritage site known for holding one of the world’s oldest still existing parliaments, Althingi. Situated between the North American an Eurasian tectonic plates it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland. Make sure to drink in the history of Thingvellir before continuing your Golden Circle journey. Next up is Geysir hot spring area. Experience gurgling geysers and spouting Strokkur, spouting water every 6-10 minutes sometimes up to 40 meters high. The last stop of the Golden Circle is Gullfoss waterfall, better known as the Golden Waterfall. This stunning waterfall is one of Iceland’s most renowned sites. Cascading water elegantly down a wide curved staircase. Gullfoss is the perfect photo opportunity, so make sure to bring your camera. After exploring all that the famous Golden Circle route offers, you will be dropped off at your original pickup location. You will have free time to get some dinner, and then picked up again from your original pick-up location for the Northern Lights adventure. Your expert northern lights guide will take you to the best spots to see the lights out in the countryside. Since the northern lights are a natural phenomenon and very hard to predict your guide will decide which spot will provide you with the best opportunity to catch the dancing lights. Due to this fact, there is no guarantee that you will see the lights, but the team will try their best to secure a great night. If no lights are seen, you will be offered a rescheduling for this part of the tour, free of charge, though subject to availability. Spotting the magical lights is an experience you will definitely not forget. The lights can appear in various different colors such as green, red, violet and purple although green, yellow and white are the most common ones. You will return back to Reykjavik around midnight where your guide will drop you off to your original pick-up point. It is important to note that this tour is a combination tour of 2 separate tours, that is the popular Golden Circle sightseeing and an exciting hunt for the Northern Lights.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from authorized Reykjavik pick-up points Minibus transport Golden Circle sightseeing tour Northern Lights tour Certified guides Free WiFi on board Food and drinks
- This tour is a combination of 2 separate tours. The popular afternoon Golden Circle tour and an evening Northern Lights tour. You are dropped off downtown in Reykjavík, close to cafés and restaurants in between the 2 tours where you have time to enjoy dinner before the pick-up outside the City Hall for your northern lights tour at 9:30 PM
- The northern lights are a natural phenomena, the best will be done to ensure lights are visible, but cannot be guaranteed. This phenomena depends upon atmospheric and cloud conditions
- As the success of the northern lights tour is heavily dependent on weather conditions, the operator reserves the right to cancel the northern lights part of the tour until 6:15 PM on the day of the tour. Cancellations are made via email. If the tour goes ahead and no lights are seen clients are offered the chance to join another evening’s departure free of charge upon availability. Note that you need to contact the operator to re-book
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability