My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Half-Day Whales and Puffins Cruise Combo Tour288 Reviews
Go whale and puffin watching in gloriously beautiful Reykjavík. Feel amazed at how many different types of whales you'll see.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sail from Reykjavik on a large boat to see the whales
- See the puffins up-close on the little boat Old Skuli
- Rest assured, if there are no whales you get another ticket for free
- Stay warm and cozy with overalls supplied by the crew
DescriptionDiscover adorable puffins on a cruise from the Old Harbor in Reykjavík. Search for local whales on a second cruise from Reykjavík to Faxaflói Bay. Stay warm with inside seating and overalls. See local wildlife clearly with the use of binoculars on the puffin tour. Travel by a small boat named Skúlaskeið (Old Skúli), perfect for puffin watching, since it has a shallow draught, and therefore can get really close to the small islands where the puffins live. The guides are very knowledgeable about the thriving bird life in Reykjavík's surroundings. Benefit from this combo tour's included classic whale watching tour, operated on the Andrea boat, lasting 3 to 3.5 hours. The Andrea is the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland, and has an educational and interactive focus. It is also family friendly and spacious with a cafeteria on-board. If you choose to, you can switch to the express tour leaving 1 hour later on a faster boat that gets you out to the whale watching area quicker than the other whale watching boats, but still allows you to have plenty of time. Most common whale sights in Faxaflói Bay are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises. Note that these are two separate tours and you don't have to do them on the same day.
IncludesCruise trip Warm inside seating Warm overalls Binoculars for the puffin tour Guide on both tours 100% sightings guarantee for the puffin tour App in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese
- Please consider the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the summer months (from April to September)
- The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- If nothing is spotted on the tour, get a free ticket to try again
- Tours are dependent on correct weather conditions; your captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please note that the Express Whale Watching tour is a faster boat, so this option is 2-2.5 hours for whale watching. You spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area
- The 9:00 AM departure is the Classic Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour at 12:30 PM
- The 10:00 AM departure is the Express Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour at 12:30 PM
- The 12:30 PM departure begins with Puffin Express, followed by Express Whale Watching at 2:00 PM