My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip926 Reviews
Journey to the center of the earth to visit the Snaefellsnes Peninsula on a trip from Reykjavik, and explore the stunning Kirkjufell and Berserkjahraun lava fields.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Reykjavík: Volcanoes and Blue Lagoon Day Trip
- Reykjavik: Snaefellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell Day Trip
- From Reykjavik: Golden Circle Full Day Tour
- Reykjavik: Sky Lagoon Entrance Pass With 7-Step Spa Ritual
- From Reykjavik: South of Iceland Full-Day Trip
- Appreciate a small group experience
- Learn about Icelandic sagas
- Admire Iceland's most photographed mountain
- Explore one of the most beautiful black sand beaches
DescriptionVisit the Snaefellsnes Peninsula on this guided day trip from Reykjavik. See what Iceland has to offer on one trip including the Berserkjahraun lava fields, Snaefellsjokull volcano, and Kirkjufell mountain. Learn about local legends and see a seal colony. Begin your trip in the local town of Borgarnes. Grab some snacks before heading to the peninsula and try to catch a peak of the ice-capped Snaefellsjokull stratovolcano. Arrive at the Berserkjahraun lava field, and learn the origin of its name. Next, head to Kirkjufell, famously known for its role on the 'Game of Thrones' television show, and for being the most-photographed mountain in the entire country. Visit the neighboring waterfall, and be swept away by the magic. Then climb the staircase to the top of Saxholl (visited only from March – November), a 100-meter-high volcanic crater. Reach the top and be rewarded by the stunning views of this 3000-year-old feat of nature. Learn local legends and the history of strong Icelandic ancestry. Venture into the uninhabited settlement of Djupalonssandur, and test your strength as local men used to on the beach. Head to the fishing village of Arnarstapi and witness the beautifully eroded cliffs and the sculpture of Barour Snaefellsas. Finally, discover a more in-depth understanding of Icelandic history at Budakirkja, or the 'Black Church.' View historical artifacts from the 19th century. Continue to the enchanting golden-colored beach of Ytri-Tunga (only from March - November). Witness a huge seal colony, laying on the rocks and enjoying the sun.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned bus Driver Guide WiFi onboard
- • Due to traffic restrictions in downtown Reykjavik, your pickup may be from one of the tour bus stops
- Please check your emails before the tour • The tour is operated in all weather conditions, so please dress according to the weather
- The order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions • In the winter we may need to adjust timings to the limited amount of daylight