From Skaftafell: Vatnajökull Glacier Explorer Tour
Hike around the largest glacier in Europe with a knowledgeable guide who will provide you with fascinating facts along the way. Experience the cascading ice fall of Falljokul Glacier crashing down from Vatnajokull ice cap during a five-hour adventure.
- View Vatnajökull Glacier, the largest glacier in Europe
- Learn fascinating facts from your certified guide
- See the ice fall of Falljokul Glacier
- Enjoy a small group setting
DescriptionYour certified guide will take you on a scenic walk, on which you will be able to appreciate the dramatic landscape carved by the glacier. Once at the tongue of the glacier, you will put crampons on, have a safety briefing, and then make your way to the real adventure. You will head up towards the incredible ice fall (from which Falljokull derives its name), where you will soon be exploring a dramatic terrain, full of frozen ice formations and ice sculptures. You will have plenty of photo opportunities while you witness the rugged and majestic ice fall. Your guide will explain how the glacier was formed and how it keeps changing its shape day after day. A glacier hike should definitely be on your bucket list when visiting Iceland!
IncludesCertified tour guide Necessary gear Food and drinks
- Bring warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, head wear, gloves, a water bottle, and snacks.
- Good hiking shoes are also recommended.
- Waterproof clothing and hiking boots can be rented (subject to availability).
- Minimum age for this tour is 14 years.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability