My Guide Website?
Reykjavik: 2-Day West Tour to Snæfellsnes and City Fjord6 Reviews
Discover the west coast of Iceland including Snæfellsnes Peninsula with its spectacular beauty and great views on a guided tour. See the historic area of Borgarfjordur with waterfalls and hot springs.
- Experience the Snaefellsjokull National Park
- Visit the Deildartunguhver Geothermal Area
- Encounter the Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls
- See Kirkjufell mountain and the Kirkjufoss waterfall
- Visit the Vidgelmir Lava Cave or Husafell Canyon Baths
DescriptionDay 1: After being picked up in Reykjavik, your tour begins by driving on the scenic route 1 to the town of Borgarnes. From there, continue to the Borgarfjodur area, where you will visit the unique Lava Waterfalls called Hraunfossar and nearby Barnafossar waterfalls. Visit Glanni Watefall, Deildartunguhver - the most powerful hot spring in Europe and the Reykholt historic site. The last stop will be at Husafell - the woodland oasis. From here you can choose your next adventure. You can either go inside the biggest Lava Cave in Iceland called Vidgelmir or go on 4WD tour to visit relaxing Canyon Baths, stopping on the way to soak in the view of the two-tiered Langifoss Waterfall. You will then spend the night in Borgarnes - the capital of West Iceland sitting in the fjord. You will find there charming coffee houses and restaurants, as well as turf houses. The Northern Lights are also famous for playing their incredible symphony of lights in this area if the conditions are favorable. Day 2: On the second day, travel first to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, where you will enjoy watching seals play on the beach and take in some amazing sights at the many beautiful creations of nature in the area. See the Snæfellsnesjökull glacier looming as your tour continues around the peninsula. Admire the beautiful and photogenic mountain of Kirkjufell. Snæfellsnes is also home to the big seal colony that you will have a chance to see at Ytri-Tunga Beach, before heading back to Reykjavik.
IncludesAccommodation in a double or twin room with a private bathroom Professional tour guided in English with a minibus Pick-up and drop off within Reykjavik Admission fee to the Vidgelmir Lava Cave or Husafell Canyon Baths WiFi onboard the bus
- Be sure to bring warm and waterproof clothes
- Hiking shoes can be rented for a small additional fee on the day of the tour
- The maximum number of passengers on the tour will be 19, allowing for a more personal and enjoyable experience
- Pick-up takes place between 8:30–9:00AM, so please be ready at your pick up location from 8:30AM onward