Reykjavik: Hiking Tour to Iceland's Newest Active Volcano1 Reviews
Hike to Geldingadalir to see the eruption of Iceland's newest active volcano. Be amazed as you witness mother nature at her most powerful.
- Visit an active erupting volcano
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Reykjanes Peninsula
- Be amazed by incredible power of nature
DescriptionStart with pickup from Reykjavik and then begin your 2-3 hour hike up to the viewing point of Geldingadalir, Iceland's newest erupting volcano. The volcano erupted close to Fagradalsfjall, in a valley named Geldingadalur on the evening of March 19, 2021. Observe a rare display of mother nature's ferocious power as you see the lava spew forth from the earth's core. Watch as the glowing lava flows from the cone, and creates entirely new landscapes.
IncludesSmall group experience Pickup and drop-off English-speaking tour guide Headlamps Food and drinks Gratuities
- This tour is suitable for those of a moderate to good level of physical fitness and can walk for about 4 hours at a low or moderate pace. Trails are generally of good quality and glacier travel at a relatively low angle.
- You will be hiking for 2-3 hours
- Pickups are only available from certain locations in Reykjavik, please refer to the list of locations when booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability