Silfra: Snorkeling with Underwater Photos & Pickup Service53 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the clear blue waters of Silfra, with visibility consistently over 100 meters (300 feet). Spend your time enjoying the moment while guides snap expert photos of you in the best areas. Relax with round-trip transfers from Reykjavik.
- Snorkel in Silfra and travel between the American and European continental plates
- See 100 meters of underwater visibility and bright blue colors
- Be guided along the lagoon often called 'the real blue lagoon'
- Choose from a drysuit or wetsuit to experience the lagoon's natural environment
DescriptionThis wetsuit snorkeling tour in Silfra fissure located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park is an out of this world adventure and a hidden natural wonder, where the 100 meter underwater visibility and bright colors make the experience almost unrealistic. The pristine water in Silfra is one of the purest and clearest waters you’ll find on the planet. When snorkeling in Silfra, you are traveling between two continents, ending the tour in a lagoon often called 'the real blue lagoon' because of the bright blue color of the water. Snorkeling in Silfra fissure, where you are guided into this magnificent scenery is a total must-see for all nature and adventure thirsty individuals and groups. You have more freedom in terms of movements and are able to free dive by holding your breath. You will stay dry underneath your drysuit or, for the more adventurous, choose the wetsuit to feel the natural cool waters. The wetsuits used are 6 millimeter in thickness and isolate the body well from the cold water.
IncludesSnorkeling tour All snorkeling equipment including wetsuit or drysuit (based on option selected) Roundtrip transportation from Reykjavik English-speaking guide Free photos of your experience Hot chocolate All fees and taxes
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Glasses not allowed. Contacts lenses required or, if you own one, a prescription diving mask.
- You must be able to swim
- You don't need to be certified diver, this tour is for everyone who feels comfortable in the water
- Pregnant individuals are not allowed to do this tour
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- What to bring: Bathing suits, warm clothes (fleece/wool sweater and pants, thick socks), towels, suitable clothes for the weather of the day, lunch or snack and camera
- You can rent a GoPro camera from the local tour operator (6900 ISK)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability