My Guide Website?
South Coast, Glacier Hike and Northern Lights Winter Tour40 Reviews
This full day adventure tour will give you the opportunity to experience the stunning South Coast of Iceland with an added glacier hike and Northern Lights hunt. This is definitely the ultimate Iceland bucket list experience!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Reykjavik:If youʻre booking your trip to Reykjavik last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get a view of a glacier and volcanoes
- Visit the stunning Reynisfjara black sand beach
- See Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls
- Explore Reynisdrangar's peaks and cliffs
- Experience a glacier hike on Solheimajokull glacier
DescriptionYour tour will start with a morning Reykjavik pick-up at authorized pick-up locations. You are then driven from the capital to Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where you will get the opportunity to follow a pathway that leads you behind the fall. Traveling through sensational scenery, you will arrive at Sólheimajökull glacier for a glacier walk. Your certified glacier guide will issue you with glacier equipment. Learn about the glacier, its movements, crevasses, and its formation. You will even hear the ancient ice cracking when it moves. Next up is the famous black sand beach at Reynisfjara to see the basalt columns and cave, the stunning Reynisdrangar cliffs and the impressive basalt rock stacks that rise above the Atlantic waves. Lastly, you will come to the smashing Skógafoss waterfall, a pathway with 527 steps leads up the side of the waterfall, where you will get a view of the falls and the rainbows that appear on clear days.Iceland is a volcano country and on a clear day, you will get views of Eyjafjallajökull, Hekla and even the volcanoes around the Westman Islands, just off the coast. You will be dropped off at your original pick-up location in Reykjavík around 7:00 PM. You will have time to get some dinner and then be picked up again from your original point for the northern lights tour. From the capital, you will hunt for the jewel-bright colors of the Northern Lights in the countryside — Green, yellow, white, and sometimes purple northern lights are usually seen. Northern Lights can never be promised but your guide will do their very best.
IncludesPick-up in Reykjavík Glacier hike on Sólheimajökull Certified glacier guide Glacier hiking equipment Knowledgeable guide Tour highlights Northern Lights tour Free WiFi on board
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- In order to attach crampons to the hiking shoes, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU
- Tour duration is approximately 16 hours
- What to bring: sturdy hiking shoes with good ankle support specially for the glacier hike, warm layers, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear, gloves, scarves, water bottle, snacks and a small backpack is always suitable