South Coast: Glacier Hike and Tour from Reykjavik8 Reviews
Spend a day on the south coast. Join a safe and fun glacier walk and see the impressive waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
- Go on a safe and easy glacier walk to experience Icelandic nature
- Admire a wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges, and deep crevasses
- See the impressive waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss
- Visit the DC3 plane wreckage on Sólheimasandur
DescriptionA day on the glacier is a great way to experience Icelandic nature. Only 2-hours away from Reykjavík is a glacier called Sólheimajökull (Solheimajokull glacier), an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull (Myrdalsjokull glacier). It lies just east of the famous Eyjafjallajökull volcano that erupted in the spring of 2010 and caused trouble all over Europe. When arriving at the glacier, your guide will get all the necessary equipment ready such as crampons and ice axe and then the group will head up to the glacier. Your guide will lead you through wonders of ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses while telling you everything about the behavior of these ever-changing giants. About 2-hours will be spent on the ice. On the way back to Reykjavík, there will be a stop at the impressive waterfalls of Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
IncludesTransport Guiding service Glacier gear Safety equipment
- Please bring warm clothing, rain gear, hiking boots and lunch
- Lunch can be bought on the way
- Minimum age is 10-years-old
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY