South Shore Adventure Tour from Reykjavík75 Reviews
Enjoy a scenic coach tour of Iceland’s South Shore and stop to walk behind Seljarlandsfoss Waterfall. Explore the black sand coast and impressive Reynisdrangar rocks.
- Visit the small town of Hvolsvöllur between the inland swamps of Landeyjar
- Walk behind the cascades of Seljarlandsfoss Waterfall
- Admire the Skógafoss Waterfall, with one of the biggest water drops in Iceland
- Go the southernmost village of Iceland at Vik and see the beach that 'Islands Magazine' named one of the 10 most beautiful in the world
- Marvel at the basalt sea stacks of Reynisdrangar, situated under Reynisfjall Mountain
DescriptionThis full-day coach tour of Iceland’s stunning South Shore from Reykjavik is ideal for nature lovers, as you will drive through one of the country's most scenic regions, reaching as far as Vík, surrounded by high cliffs that attract an abundance of birdlife. Departing from Reykjavik, you will drive to the gorgeous Seljarlandsfoss Waterfall, unique in the fact that you can walk behind it through to the other side. Continue to the majestic, and much photographed, Skógafoss Waterfall. Located on the former coastline of Iceland before it receded seward, the 200-foot (60-meter) drop is one of the biggest in the country. Continue through the glacial landscape of Mýrdalsjökull Glacier, where the icecap covers the active Katla volcano. Drive along the black sand coastline, where the beaches are formed out of black basalt, and see the impressive Reynisdrangar rock formations near Vík, the southernmost village in Iceland. Located on the main road that circumnavigates Iceland, it’s approximately 110 miles (180 kilometers) from Reykjavik, where you will head back at the end of a long but awe-inspiring journey.
IncludesBus fare Guided tour Free Wi-Fi aboard the bus Pick-up from accommodation
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY